Annual Construction Law Conference
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of the Annual Construction Law Conference, providing continuing legal education to attorneys and construction industry professionals in Texas.
36th Annual Construction Law Conference (2023)
(Sponsored by The Construction Law Foundation of Texas & The Construction Law Section, in cooperation with the Texas Institute of CLE)
March 2 & 3, 2023
San Antonio, Texas
(An In-Person Only Event)
Register by February 17th for the best rate!
Earn up to 12.25 Hours MCLE credit including 3.75 Hours Ethics!
2023 Session Topics:
- CASE LAW UPDATE (2023)
- EVALUATING SCHEDULE IMPACTS: WHEN TIME IS NOT ON YOUR SIDE
- MY GC FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY: NOW WHAT?
- JAMES V. WESTLAKE
- LITIGATING IN A DIVIDED NATION [1.00 Ethics] (Thursday Lunch Session)
- INSURANCE LAW UPDATE (2023)
- THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED: CURRENT RESIDENTIAL ISSUES AND TOPICS
- DEALING WITH CONSTRUCTION LENDERS (Thursday Breakout Session A1)
- THE ART OF NEGOTIATING CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN CONTRACTS (Thursday Breakout Session A2)
- ALLOWANCES AND CONTINGENCIES – WHEN A GMP IS NOT REALLY A GMP (Thursday Breakout Session A3)
- ONE LIE SPOILS A THOUSAND TRUTHS (Thursday Breakout Session B1)
- FROM THE ARBITRATOR’S POINT OF VIEW: EFFECTIVE CONSTRUCTION ARBITRATION PRACTICE TIPS (Thursday Breakout Session B2)
- CATCH IT WHILE YOU CAN: PRE-JUDGMENT REMEDIES FOR THE CONSTRUCTION LAWYER (Thursday Breakout Session B3)
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE (2023)
- WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN… BUT WHAT IF IT DOESN’T?
- ROHR SHOCK PART 2: A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO RECOVERING ATTORNEYS’ FEES
- COGNITIVE BIAS IN THE LAW [1.00 Ethics]
- WE ALL NEED SOMEBODY TO “LIEN” ON – A TEXAS LAWYERS’ ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (“TLAP”) ROUNDTABLE [1.00 Ethics] (Friday Lunch Session)
- I’M LATE, I’M LATE, FOR A VERY IMPORTANT DATE – THE CURRENT LANDSCAPE OF LIQUIDATED DAMAGES
- DON’T MAKE IT WORSE – TIPS ON NAVIGATING ETHICAL ISSUES AND LESSENING THE LIKELIHOOD OF MALPRACTICE LIABILITY [.75 Ethics]
Our esteemed conference faculty members are respected, experienced leaders in the field of construction law. At the Annual Construction Law Conference you and your colleagues are learning from the best in the business, period.
Miss the 2022 Conference?
The La Cantera Resort & Spa (16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256) is our host hotel for the conference. As of January 3, 2023, the group room block was filled to capacity with early-bird registrants but the status changes daily and rooms will only be provided on a space and rate-available basis going forward. If you plan to attend, we encourage you to secure a reservation at a nearby venue as soon as possible. You may also consider contacting The La Cantera Resort directly near the end of January or early February to see if any availability has opened due to cancellations occurring within the room block for the 36th Annual Construction Law Conference. Also note that additional parking areas are being made available at The La Cantera Resort during the conference to better accommodate drive-in attendance.
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to companies in the construction industry that wish to reach to movers and shakers in the construction legal field.
*Annual Sponsor/Exhibitor opportunities for 2023 are now available! First right of renewal is given to our current 2022 annual sponsors. After the designated response period ends on December 13, 2022, any remaining open slots will be made available for purchase to other companies on a first-come/first-served basis.
For details, including the description of sponsorship levels, benefits and sponsorship registration, please contact The Construction Law Foundation of Texas at (512) 451-6960 or by email to discuss any open slots available.