Annual Construction Law Conference
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of the Annual Construction Law Conference, providing continuing legal education to attorneys and construction industry professionals in Texas.
32nd Annual Construction Law Conference (2019)
(Sponsored by The Construction Law Foundation of Texas & The Construction Law Section, in cooperation with the Texas Institute of CLE)
February 28 & March 1, 2019 (Golf Tournament February 27th)
The La Cantera Resort & Spa
San Antonio, Texas
PRE-REGISTRATION RATES END 2/8/19!
Earn up to 14.25 Hours MCLE credit including 2.25 Hours Ethics!
2019 Session Topics:
- CASE LAW UPDATE (2019)
- STANDARD, NOT OPTIONAL: THE STANDARD OF CARE AND DESIGN PROFESSIONALS UNDER TEXAS LAW
- MIND IF I PASS-THROUGH? [.25 Ethics]
- INSURANCE LAW UPDATE (2019)
- IN-HOUSE COUNSEL – GROUNDHOG DAY: MOVING PAST HACKNEYED CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS [.50 Ethics] (Thursday Luncheon)
- TERMINATION!! WILL IT REALLY GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT? (MAYBE WE’D BETTER TALK FIRST) [.25 Ethics]
- WON’T YOU BE MY NEIGHBOR?
- MECHANICS LIENS – OFF THE BEATEN PATH (Breakout Session 1A)
- NEGOTIATING TRICKY CLAUSES IN PRIME CONTRACTS – THE SEQUEL (Breakout Session 1B)
- CONTRACTING IN THE AGE OF TRUMP: CHANGES AND REAFFIRMATIONS (Breakout Session 2A)
- REALLY? COMPLIANCE ISSUES ON STATE AND LOCAL CONSTRUCTION PROCUREMENTS: IMPACT OF FEDERAL AND TEXAS STATUTES (Breakout Session 2B)
- OLD DOGS TEACH THEIR TRICKS (Friday Morning Breakout I)
- A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE: RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ARBITRATION (Friday Morning Breakout II)
- TOP TEN EMPLOYMENT LAW DEVELOPMENTS CONSTRUCTION LAWYERS NEED TO KNOW (Friday Morning Breakout III)
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE (2019)
- JURY CHARGE IN A MULTI-PARTY CONSTRUCTION DEFECT CASE
- COVERAGE KILLERS [.25 Ethics]
- WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE HAVE TO ARBITRATE AND LITIGATE?
- E-DISCOVERY: CASE LAW UPDATE AND TRENDS [.50 Ethics]
- A LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN ON LONERGAN [.50 Ethics] (Friday Luncheon)
- MAYBE I WILL, MAYBE I WON’T: SOLVING THE LIQUIDATED DAMAGES PUZZLE
- BETTERMENT & ECONOMIC WASTE
- THIRD-PARTY PRACTICE: RISKS AND REWARDS OF RTPs vs. TPDS
Our esteemed conference faculty members are respected, experienced leaders in the field of construction law. At the Annual Construction Law Conference you and your colleagues are learning from the best in the business, period.
Miss the 2018 Conference?
Order the 2018 course materials online via the Texas Institute of CLE website.
Click here to order course materials from past Annual Conferences.
The La Cantera Resort & Spa –– A limited number of rooms are reserved at The La Cantera Resort & Spa at the special group rate of $235 per night plus taxes for a single/double. Reservations will be accepted until the reservation deadline of February 1, 2019 OR until the room block is exhausted, whichever comes first. (NOTE: Historically the room block for this conference has filled well before the reservation deadline, so we recommend you make your reservations ASAP if you plan to attend. Once the room block is exhausted rooms will only be provided on a space and rate available basis.) Please call the hotel reservation line at (210) 558-6500 to make your reservation and identify yourself as a participant with the “32nd Annual Construction Law Conference” (Group Code: TIB2719A) or book your reservation online in order to obtain the special rate in our room block. A deposit equal to your first night’s room and tax will be required. The hotel is located at 16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256.
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to companies in the construction industry that wish to reach to movers and shakers in the construction legal field.
*Annual Sponsor/Exhibitor renewals for 2019 are now available! First right of renewal was given to our current 2018 annual sponsors. After the designated response period ended, any remaining open slots were made available for purchase to other companies on a first-come/first-served basis.
Click here to view the 2019 sponsor opportunities flyer, including the description of sponsorship levels, benefits and the printed registration form. Before submitting your form, please contact The Construction Law Foundation of Texas at (512) 451-6960 or by email to discuss any open slots available.