Annual Construction Law Conference
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of the Annual Construction Law Conference, providing continuing legal education to attorneys and construction industry professionals in Texas.
35th Annual Construction Law Conference (2022)
Register now before the rates increase at 5:00pm Central February 11th!
<— DOWNLOAD BROCHURE
Earn up to 12.50 Hours MCLE credit including 4.00 Hours Ethics!
2022 Session Topics:
- CASE LAW UPDATE (2022)
- DING-DONG THE LONERGAN WITCH IS DEAD: SB 219’S IMPACT AND HOW TO LIVE IN THE NEW WORLD
- LET THE END TIMES ROLL: PROACTIVELY MANAGING PROJECT CLOSEOUT
- YOU GET WHAT YOU GET AND YOU DON’T THROW A FIT: ENFORCEMENT OF THE “AS IS” CLAUSE IN TEXAS
- LESSON LEARNED [1.00 Ethics] (Thursday Lunch Session)
- MAKING THE BEST OF WHAT’S LEFT – LIEN PRIORITY DISPUTES
- WHAT HAPPENED TO CHAPTER 53?
- PROCEDURE, PITFALLS, PRACTICE POINTERS
- WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING? [0.75 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session A1)
- FREEDOM OF CONTRACT [0.75 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session A2)
- TOP EMPLOYMENT LAW COMPLIANCE ISSUES OF 2022 [0.75 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session B1)
- DIVORCE IN THE MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE (OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE JOINT VENTURE) [0.75 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session B2)
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE (2022)
- EFFECTIVE VOIR DIRE
- INSURANCE LAW UPDATE (2022)
- HOT TOPICS IN JURY CHARGES FOR CONSTRUCTION CASES
- GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING ISSUES (Friday Lunch Breakout I)
- DIGGING INTO THE DEFENSES OF A SUBCONTRACTOR (Friday Lunch Breakout II)
- CYBER SECURITY FOR THE CONSTRUCTION LAWYER [1.00 Ethics] (Friday Lunch Breakout III)
- DAMAGES IN CONSTRUCTION: A PRIMER – COST TO RESTORE OR BUILD IT BETTER?
- PERSONAL SURETY DEFENSES & THE ETHICAL TIGHT ROPE OF JOINT REPRESENTATION [0.50 Ethics]
- BUILDING YOUR CASE ON A SOLID FOUNDATION TO WITHSTAND APPEAL: PRESERVING ERROR FOR APPEAL IN CONSTRUCTION CASES
- LITIGATING FOR THE LONG HAUL: TIPS FOR LITIGATING A MEDIUM-SIZED CASE EFFICIENTLY
Our esteemed conference faculty members are respected, experienced leaders in the field of construction law. At the Annual Construction Law Conference you and your colleagues are learning from the best in the business, period.
Miss the 2021 Conference?
The La Cantera Resort & Spa –– A limited number of rooms are reserved at The La Cantera Resort & Spa at the special group rate of $235 per night plus taxes for a single/double. Reservations will be accepted until the reservation deadline of January 30, 2022 OR until the room block is exhausted, whichever comes first. (NOTE: Historically the room block for this conference has filled well before the reservation deadline, so we recommend you make your reservations ASAP if you plan to attend. Once the room block is exhausted rooms will only be provided on a space and rate available basis.) Please call the hotel reservation line at (855) 499-2960 or (210) 558-6500 to make your reservation and identify yourself as a participant with the “35th Annual Construction Law Conference” (Group Code: ACC0122A) or book your reservation online in order to obtain the special rate in our room block. A deposit equal to your first night’s room and tax will be required. The hotel is located at 16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256.
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to companies in the construction industry that wish to reach to movers and shakers in the construction legal field.
*Annual Sponsor/Exhibitor opportunities for 2022 are now available! First right of renewal is given to our current 2021 annual sponsors. After the designated response period ends on November 1, 2021, any remaining open slots will be made available for purchase to other companies on a first-come/first-served basis.
For details, including the description of sponsorship levels, benefits and sponsorship registration, please contact The Construction Law Foundation of Texas at (512) 451-6960 or by email to discuss any open slots available.