Annual Construction Law Conference
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of the Annual Construction Law Conference, providing continuing legal education to attorneys and construction industry professionals in Texas.
33rd Annual Construction Law Conference (2020)
(Sponsored by The Construction Law Foundation of Texas & The Construction Law Section, in cooperation with the Texas Institute of CLE)
March 5 & 6, 2020 (Golf Tournament March 4th)
The La Cantera Resort & Spa
San Antonio, Texas
MISS IT? ORDER THE AUDIO RECORDINGS AND COURSE MATERIALS!
<— DOWNLOAD THE CONFERENCE BROCHURE
Earn up to 13.00 Hours MCLE credit including 2.25 Hours Ethics!
2020 Session Topics:
- CASE LAW UPDATE (2020)
- THE MILLER ACT: 85 YEARS OF FEDERAL PAYMENT BOND CLAIMS
- WHOSE DESIGN IS IT ANYWAY? A DISCUSSION REGARDING THE SKETCHY OBLIGATIONS OF DESIGN-ASSIST AND DESIGN DELEGATION
- SALES TAX FOR THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY
- REPORT FROM THE AFGHAN WAR ZONE [.50 Ethics] (Thursday Luncheon)
- ROHR SHOCK: PROVING UP ATTORNEY’S FEES IN THE LODE STAR STATE [1.00 Ethics]
- INSURANCE LAW UPDATE (2020)
- PROVING DELAY [.50 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session A)
- JUSTICE THAT HITS CLOSE TO HOME: TRYING A RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION CASE [.50 Ethics] (Thursday Breakout Session B)
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE (2020)
- ODDITIES IN ANTI-INDEMNITY STATUTE
- NOW YOU SEE IT, NOW YOU DON’T! – DRAFTING GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
- IF WE HAD ONLY KNOWN THEN… [.25 Ethics]
- CONTINGENT PAYMENT ENFORCEABILITY / “WHAT THE HECK?”
- MAKING THE GRADE IN SCHOOL DISTRICT DEFECT LITIGATION (Friday Lunch Breakout I)
- REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLING IN DESTRUCTIVE TESTING: A PLAINTIFF’S PERSPECTIVE (Friday Lunch Breakout II)
- THE GIFT AND THE CURSE: AN OVERVIEW OF RETAINAGE (Friday Lunch Breakout III)
- WHAT’S IN YOUR ASSIGNMENT?
- WHO IS BANKROLLING THIS PROJECT?
- CHANGE IS THE LAW OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS: LOOKING AT THE PAST AND PRESENT AS WE PLAN FOR THE FUTURE
- WINNERS AND LOSERS IN THE BATTLE OF SUPPLIER AND SUBCONTRACTOR’S FORMS
Our esteemed conference faculty members are respected, experienced leaders in the field of construction law. At the Annual Construction Law Conference you and your colleagues are learning from the best in the business, period.
Miss the 2019 Conference?
The La Cantera Resort & Spa –– A limited number of rooms are reserved at The La Cantera Resort & Spa at the special group rate of $235 per night plus taxes for a single/double. Reservations will be accepted until the reservation deadline of February 7, 2020 OR until the room block is exhausted, whichever comes first. (NOTE: Historically the room block for this conference has filled well before the reservation deadline, so we recommend you make your reservations ASAP if you plan to attend. Once the room block is exhausted rooms will only be provided on a space and rate available basis.) Please call the hotel reservation line at (855) 499-2960 or (210) 558-6500 to make your reservation and identify yourself as a participant with the “33rd Annual Construction Law Conference” (Group Code: TIC20A) or book your reservation online in order to obtain the special rate in our room block. A deposit equal to your first night’s room and tax will be required. The hotel is located at 16641 La Cantera Parkway, San Antonio, TX 78256.
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to companies in the construction industry that wish to reach to movers and shakers in the construction legal field.
*Annual Sponsor/Exhibitor renewals for 2020 are now available! First right of renewal is given to our current 2019 annual sponsors. After the designated response period ends, any remaining open slots will be made available for purchase to other companies on a first-come/first-served basis.
Click here to view the 2020 sponsor opportunities flyer, including the description of sponsorship levels, benefits and the printed registration form. Before submitting your form, please contact The Construction Law Foundation of Texas at (512) 451-6960 or by email to discuss any open slots available.