Annual Construction Law Conference
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of the Annual Construction Law Conference, providing continuing legal education to attorneys and construction industry professionals in Texas.
(Sponsored by The Construction Law Foundation of Texas & The Construction Law Section, in cooperation with the Texas Institute of CLE)
March 4 & 5, 2021
Can’t attend live? Order access to the recorded version!
<— DOWNLOAD CONFERENCE BROCHURE
Earn up to 14.00 Hours MCLE credit including 2.75 Hours Ethics!
2021 Session Topics:
- CASE LAW UPDATE (2021)
- COME ON IN, THE WATER’S FINE: VOUCHING IN TO CONSTRUCTION DISPUTES
- NO PARTNERSHIP BY AMBUSH – AN OVERVIEW OF TRANSACTIONAL ENTITIES IN CONSTRUCTION AND COMMERCIAL AGREEMENTS
- IF YOU BUILD ON IT, YOU BUY IT
- HOW I BECAME AN FBI INFORMANT [1.00 Ethics] (Thursday Lunch Session)
- INSURANCE LAW UPDATE (2021)
- BUILDING DIVERSITY & DEMOLISHING IMPLICIT BIAS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY [1.00 Ethics]
- GOVERNMENTAL IMMUNITY: A CONTRACTOR, AN ENGINEER, AND A CITY WALK INTO A CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT (Thursday Breakout Session A1)
- DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE? THE TEXAS PUBLIC INFORMATION ACT FOR CONSTRUCTION LAWYERS (Thursday Breakout Session A2)
- COVID-19 FAQ (Thursday Breakout Session B1)
- WHAT YOU NEVER WANT TO NEED – BANKRUPTCY BASICS FOR CONSTRUCTION LAWYERS (Thursday Breakout Session B2)
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATE (2021)
- LEGAL ISSUES IN ARBITRATION
- THE LAND AFTER TIME
- AN ANTIDOTE FOR CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS? THE RIGHT TO CURE IN PUBLIC WORKS AND BUILDINGS
- HI, LAWYERS, IT’S TECHNOLOGY. WE NEED TO TALK [.75 Ethics]
- FACING THE CONSEQUENTIALS: HOW TO RECOVER, NEGOTIATE, AND WAIVE CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
- (NOT SO) PROMPT PAYMENT: ASSERTING AND DEFENDING AGAINST PROMPT PAYMENT CLAIMS (Friday Lunch Breakout I)
- TURNING YOUR JUDGMENT INTO MONEY (Friday Lunch Breakout II)
- THE 411 ON THE RCLA (Friday Lunch Breakout III)
- NTFAQs: MECHANICS LIENS: MORE ODD QUESTIONS, ANSWERS, AND IMPONDERABLES
- THE INS AND OUTS OF WAIVER OF SUBROGATION
- YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT? THE DUTY TO DEFEND BEYOND THE AI
- STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU
Our esteemed conference faculty members are respected, experienced leaders in the field of construction law. At the Annual Construction Law Conference you and your colleagues are learning from the best in the business, period.
Miss the 2020 Conference?
Virtual Conference –– This year’s conference will be offered online via Zoom or similar online-only platform with an interactive format. Access to the conference materials in a digital format will be provided as will opportunities for questions and comments with the session presenters. We recommend that you register immediately if you plan to attend this virtual event. —> See the official event page for more details.
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to companies in the construction industry that wish to reach to movers and shakers in the construction legal field.
*Annual Sponsor/Exhibitor opportunities for 2022 are now available! First right of renewal is given to our current 2021 annual sponsors. After the designated response period ends on November 1, 2021, any remaining open slots will be made available for purchase to other companies on a first-come/first-served basis.
For details, including the description of sponsorship levels, benefits and sponsorship registration, please contact The Construction Law Foundation of Texas at (512) 451-6960 or by email to discuss any open slots available.