The Basic Course in Construction Law
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of The Basic Course in Texas Construction Law, intended for lawyers and construction industry professionals interested in acquiring a basic knowledge of Texas construction law and the related legal relationships between owners, designers, contractors and their insurers and sureties.
The 2023 Basic Course in Texas Construction Law
December 7 & 8, 2023
Marriott Marquis Houston
The Basic Course was entirely updated and revamped in 2020 in order to provide the most current and practical information for construction attorneys and construction industry professionals. The course features a distinguished group of industry-leading speakers covering essential time-tested topics. Don’t miss this course or the opportunity to network with your colleagues!
Attendees may earn up to 14.25 hours MCLE credit, including 1.00 hour ethics, as experts in the field cover topics such as:
- Construction Industry Overview & Glossary of Construction Terms
- Top Cases Every Construction Lawyer Should Know
Causes of Action in Texas Construction Law
- Tips on Avoiding Malpractice (1-hour ethics credit)
- Project Documents
- Contract Termination
- Residential Construction
- Public Procurement in Texas
- Insurance Basics for the Construction Lawyer
- Securing and Enforcing Lien & Bond Claims in Texas
- Successful Preparation and Use of Construction Experts
- Contracts Panel- Owner/GC/Sub
- Theories of Liability Against Architects and Engineers
- What Works and Doesn’t Work in Construction Mediations
- …and more!
Register online now! Can’t make it? Pre-order the course materials instead.
**The 2023 Basic Course Director is Kyle Zunker. For speaking opportunities at a future Basic Course, contact Kyle at (210) 293-8751 or by email. All other questions and inquiries regarding the Basic Course should be directed to Construction Law Foundation of Texas headquarters at (512) 451-6960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.