The Basic Course in Construction Law
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of The Basic Course in Texas Construction Law, intended for lawyers and construction industry professionals interested in acquiring a basic knowledge of Texas construction law and the related legal relationships between owners, designers, contractors and their insurers and sureties.
The 2018 Basic Course in Texas Construction Law
December 13 & 14, 2018
The Hyatt Regency Austin
This course is designed for Texas Lawyers and Construction Industry Professionals.
Earn up to 14.25 hours MCLE credit, including 1.00 hour ethics, as experts in the field covered topics such as:
Contracts From the Owner’s & General Contractor’s Perspectives
- Tips on Avoiding Malpractice (1-hour ethics credit)
- The Subcontract
- Contract Termination
- The Residential Construction Liability Act
- Public Procurement in Texas
- Insurance Basics for the Construction Lawyer
- Securing and Enforcing Lien & Bond Claims in Texas
- Schedules and Preparation and Analysis of Construction Claims
- Causes of Action in Texas Construction Law
- Theories of Liability Against Architects and Engineers
- What Works and Doesn’t Work in Construction Mediations
- …and more!
Our host hotel is the Hyatt Regency Austin, 208 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704, (512) 477-1234. The special group rate is $169 per night plus taxes for a single/double. To make your reservation please call (512) 477-1234 and request the “Construction Law Foundation of Texas” group rate for the 2018 Basic Course or book your reservation online. The group rate will be available until November 23rd or until the room block is exhausted, whichever occurs first. Please make your reservations ASAP if you plan to attend!
**The 2018 & 2019 Basic Course Director is Cara D. Kennemer. For speaking opportunities at the 2019 Basic Course, contact Cara at (817) 885-7529 or by email. All other questions and inquiries regarding the Basic Course should be directed to Construction Law Foundation of Texas headquarters at (512) 451-6960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.