The Basic Course in Construction Law
The Construction Law Foundation of Texas is the primary sponsor of The Basic Course in Texas Construction Law, intended for lawyers and construction industry professionals interested in acquiring a basic knowledge of Texas construction law and the related legal relationships between owners, designers, contractors and their insurers and sureties.
The 2020 Basic Course in Texas Construction Law
December 10 & 11, 2020
Live Online Seminar
The 2020 Basics Course has been entirely updated and revamped in order to provide the most current and practical information for construction attorneys and construction industry professionals. This new-look course will also feature a distinguished group of presenters to celebrate the re-launch. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy fresh materials and industry-leading speakers!
You will earn up to an estimated 14.00 hours MCLE credit, including 1.00 hour ethics, as experts in the field cover topics such as:
Contracts From the Owner’s & General Contractor’s Perspectives
- Tips on Avoiding Malpractice (1-hour ethics credit)
- The Subcontract
- Contract Termination
- The Residential Construction Liability Act
- Public Procurement in Texas
- Insurance Basics for the Construction Lawyer
- Securing and Enforcing Lien & Bond Claims in Texas
- Schedules and Preparation and Analysis of Construction Claims
- Causes of Action in Texas Construction Law
- Theories of Liability Against Architects and Engineers
- What Works and Doesn’t Work in Construction Mediations
- …and more!
Registration is opening soon!
**The 2020 Basic Course Director is Andrew Harris. For speaking opportunities at a future Basic Course, contact Andy at (512) 900-3048 or by email. All other questions and inquiries regarding the Basic Course should be directed to Construction Law Foundation of Texas headquarters at (512) 451-6960 or email@example.com.